top banners

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Kevin Federline is a member of society


Britney Spears' man is ready to make his debut.

Kevin Federline says viewers will be "shocked" and naysayers "surprised" at his first live performance in front of a national audience.

Fox announced Wednesday that Federline will close the Teen Choice 2006 awards show Aug. 20 by performing his hip-hop/rock single, Lose Control.

The plan is for wife Spears, who is expecting their second child in September, to be his date to the show. "This is my first big event, and I need her support and I want her support. If she's feeling under the weather because of the baby, obviously she won't be able to be there. But she'll want to be there for me."

Federline's career has been fairly quiet since he married Spears nearly two years ago, and he feels pressure to do well.

"It's been building up for a long time, and the process with the album (Playing with Fire) took a long time, so I decided to just get out there and jump on stage," Federline says. "As a dancer, it was one thing, but now it's a whole different story."

He says that "certain dancers and performers who are good at what they do, the best at what they do" will join him on stage for the number. And, "I want to prove myself as an artist, as a rapper and as a human being in society who goes through everything everybody else goes through."

Federline and Spears have been collaborating in the studio and have completed three duets. He chose one to be included on his album, but he won't give away the title. "It's not really a love song. It gives my point of view of how my family is and how tight my family is. People shouldn't believe what they're told about us," he says, referring to tabloid reports about the couple's relationship. "They should listen to what comes out of my mouth or my wife's mouth."

As for their marriage, he says, "It's wonderful," and headlines suggesting otherwise are not true.

"Even with the bad stuff, you go through it, and it just makes you love each other even more," he says. "Well, in our case, at least."

He says he and Spears don't know the sex of their second child. (They did know the sex of their son, Sean Preston, 10 months, before he was born.) "We want to be surprised this time."


I don't think performing at The Teen Choice Awards is going to show Kevin as a human being in society, like he wants. Most of us in society don't marry a famous popstar, fall ass-backwards into money, and cut an album with virtually no talent whatsoever. But, hey, what do I know?

[image]

0 Comments: