top banners

Monday, July 17, 2006

Chris Daughtry (American Idol) gets recording contract


Despite being the 4th placer of 'American Idol,' Chris Daughtry (a.k.a. The Rocker- did anyone else find that title annoying?) gets a record deal with 19 Recordings/RCA Records. The same that Katharine McPhee signed with. Due out in late 2006, Daughtry has already begun recording and will eventually form a permanent band. Whether or not the band will include former bandmates from his pre-Idol Absent Element has yet to be determined. Daughtry's cover of Bon Jovi's "Wanted: Dead or Alive" debuted on Billboard's Hot 100 at #43 (higher than any other American Idol compilation song to date) and that grabbed the label's attention. "I'm a songwriter myself, so to be able to launch my own career would be my dream and be able to write my own music and have a successful career selling out stadiums doing my own thing," he said. "I have to be very careful of what I choose to do because I don't want to make a rash decision and regret it later."
[source] [image]

0 Comments: